This post contains affiliate links
If you’re looking for a cute first Halloween outfit look no further. Who can resist an adorable baby and cookies? Especially if you have a chunky baby like mine. You could adapt it for a little boy by putting him in pants and a hat instead of the tutu and headband. This outfit is super simple to make, I am not good at DIY and was able to easily create this look. You can grab a printable version of the directions with a guide for the pieces at the bottom of the page.
What do you need:
- One plain royal blue onesie available on Amazon. (Be sure to check the weight range before choosing a size)
- Royal blue tutu available on Amazon (you can google online how to make your own but purchasing one only costs a few dollars more. So if you’re like me and aren’t a DIY guru buying is easier)
- 3 pieces of felt: one brown, one black, one white (I purchased them at Michaels)
- Fabric glue
- Optional: A ruler and a sharpie marker
- Wash the onesie before you start as you can only gently hand wash it once you’ve glued the pieces on.
- Measure your babies chest if you like. Mine was about 5 inches across so I decided to make the eyes about 1.5 in each.
- If you can find an object in your house to use as a guide…I used the inside of one of her stacking rings.
- Use the sharpie to draw a guide for the eyes on the white felt. You’ll glue this side down so the marks won’t show.
- With the black felt cut two small circles to use for eyeballs
- Cut a mouth using the black felt. I made the mouth about as wide as the two eyeballs combined
- Next up is creating the cookies. I made them the same size as the eyeballs. Cut them out of the brown felt.
- For the chips just cut some black felt into small pieces and glue them onto the brown felt circles.
- To make the eaten cookies take a few of the brown circles and cut a bite into one side before adding the chips (no need to glue chips onto a piece you’ll be cutting off)
- Looking for a guide? Click “Get the guide” at the bottom of the page. You can glue the pieces to the felt and just cut around them.
- Now you’re ready to start combining it all. (Place a piece of cardboard in the onesie before you start gluing so it won’t end up glued shut.) Glue the eyes to the onesie followed by the mouth.
- To make it extra cute glue a half eaten cookie near the mouth. When your done the onesie should look like this.
- Glue as many cookies to the skirt as you like. These tulle skirts are great as you can easily trim them to the length you like. Use a mix of whole and eaten cookies on the skirt. (Put something under the tulle before gluing on the cookies so you don’t glue the two sides of the skirt together.
- Once it all dries your ready to take some pictures of all this cuteness!
If you want to add the headband simply make one extra cookie and glue it onto a headband. I used one I already had in my drawer. You could use a blue, white, or black headband and they would all work with the outfit.
Would you rather just purchase the outfit premade? Check it out at my Etsy store.