Rainbow Party Popcorn
Unicorns are still super popular and this easy unicorn popcorn makes a perfect snack for a unicorn themed party or a fun treat anytime! Your kids will love helping to make it! Just be prepared for the sugar overload
To make this delicious unicorn popcorn with frosting and sprinkles you’ll need just a few simple items: a 9×13 baking pan, popcorn, candy melts, and sprinkles of course! Fun containers are optional but great for serving it up at a party.
Kids can easily help with this one. Just make sure you supervise little ones closely as bowls will be hot when they are removed from the microwave. They can help drizzle the melted candy and pour on those sprinkles. You can even call it unicorn poop instead of popcorn if they’re into that!
This is the perfect treat for a unicorn party, sleepover, or movie night. Be sure to pick up this Unicorn Bingo game as a fun party activity!
- 2 cups of popcorn kernals
- 1/4 cup butter flavored popcorn oil
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- OR use 1 bag of microwave popcorn
- 1 cup purple candy melts
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- 1 cup blue candy melts
- 1 cup yellow candy melts
- 1 pack of Unicorn sprinkles with gold horns
- Pre-heat a large pan on medium high heat. Add the oil, popcorn and salt. After about 20 seconds, add the popcorn kernels and put the lid on the pot. Shake the pot intermittently while popping. About halfway through, turn off the heat and allow the popping to stop OR microwave a bag of plain popcorn.
- Spread a thin layer of popcorn across a 9x13 pan
- Place your first color on candy melts in a microwave safe dish. Heat at medium for 30 seconds, stir, repeat until completely melted. If it's still too thick you can thin with a little popcorn oil. Drizzle melted candy over the popcorn.
- Melt the second color and drizzle over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle some unicorn sprinkle mix over the popcorn.
- Add a second layer of popcorn to your pan.
- Melt your third candy melt color and drizzle over the popcorn.
- Melt your last candy melt color and drizzle over the popcorn.
- Add more unicorn sprinkles to the top.
- Allow 5 minutes for the candy to set then serve in fun containers!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 701Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 881mgCarbohydrates: 131gFiber: 3gSugar: 72gProtein: 3g
We hope you enjoy this fun unicorn popcorn recipe! Be sure to pin it and comment with photos of your own unicorn popcorn creation.