These easy toilet paper roll angels make a great Sunday school Christmas crafts for toddlers or preschooler. They’re also a great angel craft for kids at home as you probably have many of the supplies already or can pick them up for a few dollars at your local dollar store! Simply gather some leftover toilet paper rolls and a few craft supplies and soon they’ll have a cute angel Christmas craft flitting about your home.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
sunday school Christmas craft
Supplies needed for Christmas angel craft:
- Toilet paper rolls or craft rolls
- Angel wing template
- white cardstock
- white feathers or craft snow. Feathers will need to be cut into small pieces to go on the wings better.
- Gold pipe cleaners
how to make cardboard tube angels:
- Cut out wing template leaving the bridge piece between the two wings.
- Glue it onto the cardstock or draw around the template and cut out your white cardstock wings
- Use your finger or a popsicle stick to spread glue over one wing. Try to leave the center area free of glue and decor.
- Stick feathers or fake craft snow all over the wing to cover it. I suggest laying the wings in a box or plastic bin to contain the extra mess. Let the kids feel the different textures of what they’re putting on the wings.
- Repeat for the second wing
- Use tape to attach the wings to the center of the toilet paper roll. (You can use glue but then they will need to be stationary to dry)
- Create a halo out of a gold pipe cleaner. Wrap the remaining ends to form a stem.
- Tap the stem into place along the center of the wings. Leave enough height so the halo hovers above the head of the angel.
- Last, use the markers to draw a sweet face on your angel.
These angels can be made in less than 15 minutes making it great for a quick Christmas craft and can easily fit into your Sunday school lesson at church. I hope the kids have fun making them!
More Posts You’ll Love