Valentine’s day cake pops
These easy heart-shaped cake pops are perfect for Valentine’s Day! Made with pound cake and a heart-shaped cold they are also more simple to make than a traditional cake pop. Cover the pops in some candy melts and add a few sprinkles and you have a fun Valentine’s Day treat. Get the full recipe below to learn how to make your own.
They are great to give to your spouse, as office treats, or for your kids to pair with Valentine’s Day cards for their classroom friends.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
what you’ll need to make heart-shaped cake pops
- Heart shaped mold
- Candy melts (12 oz bags in red, white, or pink)
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy melts
- Optional: Heart shaped sprinkles
- Small silicone spatula (a knife can be used instead but may not work as well)
These pops are made using pound cake instead of the more traditional cake pop that uses cake mixed with frosting. The pound cake is sturdy enough to hold up to the candy coating and isn’t very sweet. This creates a nice balance with the candy melts. If you don’t want to use a mold you could also make the cake in a flat pan and then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to create the cake pieces.
Tips for making your cake pops:
- This is made with a classic pound cake recipe but you can use your favorite recipe.
- The cakes may try to spin on the stick so go slowly and it’s ok to stick the cake in the melts while you do most of the coating
- Be sure to shape the top or you will lose the heart shape
- The candy melts can easily be remelted if they harden before you complete your pops
- These do make quite large pops so buy a smaller mold if you prefer smaller pops
I hope you enjoy these fun Valentine’s Day cake pops!