Birth Affirmations for L
Positive birth affirmations can be a great tool to use during labor and delivery of your baby. They can help you to focus on the right things and get into the mental state needed for a natural birth. But they can be great for medicated or C-section births as well.
Most of them are about your body being powerful, strong and capable, something to remember no matter what type of birth you end up having! Each woman will find different ones speak to her so check out this list and choose the ones that speak the most to you. Then start reciting them so they can be your mantra during birth. You’ve got this!
Be sure to grab my set of 6 printable birth affirmation cards later in the post!
This is post 25 in my series, 31 days of advice for the mom to be.
Do birth affirmations really work? You can read more about the mind-body connection as it relates to birth in this article from Pathways to Family Wellness.
Birth Affirmations for Natural births
- It’s not pain, it’s power
- My body knows how to birth this baby, just as it knew how to grow this baby
- These waves will not pull me under
- Each wave brings me closer to meeting my baby
- Just like the flower, my body knows how to unfurl
- I can do anything for one minute
- I am prepared and ready for childbirth
- The power and intensity of my contractions cannot be stronger than me. They are me.
- The moment I’m ready to quit is the moment before the miracle happens
- I will meet my baby soon
- Just Keep Swimming – Finding Nemo
- I am stronger than I think!
- I trust my body to know what to do
- Relax the mind and the body will follow
- I am prepared to meet whatever turns my birthing takes
- I am a birth warrior
- I call on the strength of those women who have gone before me
- My baby and I are working harmoniously together. We are grateful for this powerful experience
- With each exhale my body opens wider.
- There is nothing to fear
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
How to use Birth Affirmation Cards
How do you make birth affirmation cards? Purchase some pretty cards, or even blank index cards will work to write down the ones you like. You could even stick them on your phone if you wanted to. Some women like to string them together and hand them up in their delivery room at the hospital or birth center so they can be read more easily. The term birth affirmations were made popular by hypnobirthing but can be used no matter what birthing method you are using and have existed long before hypnobirthing became popular.
You can also find many printable birth affirmations cards for FREE or for a low price on Etsy. I’ll include links to some of my favorites at the end of this post. Grab my free printable guide to pregnancy and you’ll get a page with 6 of the birth affirmations listed above along with 9 other pages of printable pregnancy guides.
Birth Affirmations for C-sections
Deciding to have a C-section, either planned or necessitated during the birth process can be a big decision. But, sometimes it’s what’s best for mom and baby. Check out these birth affirmations made specifically for those having a cesarian birth.
Cesarian birth affirmations from The Maya’s Nest.
Christian Birth Affirmations
If you are a Christ follower check out these biblical birth affirmations from The Ministry Mama which include scripture and God-centered birth affirmations.
More Printable Birth Affirmations
- If you like the birth affirmations I have listed here you can get the complete set in my Etsy store for less than $5! Three different designs to choose from!
- I also love these birth affirmation tattoos. Such an original idea!
If none of these speak to you then use them as inspiration to write your own! It’s your birth so you want affirmations that you can connect with and that will help you get in the right frame of mind for birthing your baby. Birth is a beautiful, though messy and painful process. You should feel proud of what your body is capable of, no matter how your baby is born!
Be sure to check out all the great posts in this pregnancy series!