Looking for an easy & kid-friendly baking project? These cute little penguin brownies make perfect holiday time treats or make them for a penguin themed party. Easy to make and easy to decorate with just a few items. The directions include a recipe for making your brownies from scratch but you can use a boxed mix if you want to make it even easier!
- 3/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 oz package of Wilton bright white candy melts
- Large candy eyes
- Orange M&M’s
- Mini orange M&M’s
- Chocolate frosting, any brand
- 3″ round cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Slowly fold in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently lift the brownies from the baking dish and use the 3″ round cookie cutter to carefully cut the brownies as close as possible and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Generously frost each round brownie.
- Give each penguin 2 large candy eyes.
- Place (1) small mini orange M&M under the eyes standing up for the penguin’s nose.
- Place a white candy melt on the penguin’s belly.
- Take (2) orange M&M’s and place on the bottom edge of the penguin for its feet.
- Repeat with all the penguin brownies.
- Eat the leftover brownie scraps!
*Recipe makes approximately 6 Christmas Penguin Brownies with plenty of decorative pieces left for more.
Enjoy your holiday baking and be sure to check out even more great recipe ideas!