Kids can get in on the pumpkin craze with these yummy pumpkin zucchini muffins. As a mom, you can feel good about giving them a muffin for breakfast when it’s loaded with hidden veggies. Use canned pumpkin puree to make them easy and quick to make. These make a great baby led weaning recipe or just for sneaking some veggies into your picky toddler.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I love to make these using a mini muffin pan. My toddler can choose whether to eat one or three without a lot of waste! They’re also great for sharing at playgroup or other events. For the zucchini, you can use a hand grater, or save yourself some time and use a food processor to quickly chop it up for you. As busy moms, time is always a precious commodity! Older toddlers or preschoolers can even help mix up the batter themselves.
If you and your kids love these muffins please give it a 5 star rating and share on Pinterest!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a mini muffin pan by coating with nonstick cooking spray
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract with a whisk or hand mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until just combined.
- Fold in the grated zucchini, pumpkin puree, and optional chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
- Enjoy your muffins!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 91mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 1g